HausCat: Cardboard Cat Homes
Taj Mahal Cat House
Taj Mahal Cat House
- Key Benefits
- We Support Shelters: We donate to hundreds of shelters annually so that they may continue their normal operations and prevent the loss of feline lives.
- No More Scratched Up Furniture: Cardboard surfaces gives your cat plenty of places to sink their claws into, keeping their little paws nice and healthy.
- Built to Last: Cardboard pieces are double-walled and dense enough to withstand the weight of all cats, big or small, and even a couple of cats at the same time.
- Eco-friendly: Cardboard is 100% recyclable. After several months of use, simply toss the Taj Mahal Cat House into the recycling. You no longer have to worry about how to dispose of dirty fabric-covered and carpeted cat homes.
- Easy (and fun!) to assemble. We haven’t been able to train a cat to assemble it yet, but it’s no problem for their human companions. No tools are required for assembly.
- Doubles as a Puzzle: The top domes of this Taj Mahal Cat House are perfect for hiding treats. Watch your kitties be entertained for hours while trying to get the treats out with their little paws!
The Taj Mahal (or should we say Taj Meowhal?) is one of the best-known buildings in the world and with its massive domes and incredible architecture, it’s no surprise that this monument draws over seven million visitors every year. However, making the trek over to India to share this beauty with your loved ones and favorite felines is no small task. That’s why we created a cat-sized version, perfect for making your kitties into the Emperors and Empresses they really are.
Our Taj Mahal Cat House is completely unique and designed in-house, which means you can’t find it anywhere else! It is built sturdy with six corrugated cardboard surfaces that are perfect for cozying up against and sinking claws into (so you can stop worrying about scratched up furniture). The five domes on top both allude to the majesty of the true Taj Mahal and can serve as a fun game for your cats. Just throw some tasty treats in the gaps and watch as your fluffy friends are entertained for hours trying to get the snacks out with their paws.
At a whopping 3.8 cubic feet of internal volume, your cats will have plenty of space to roam, play, and nap in our Taj Mahal Cat House. Go ahead and give your furry felines what is sure to be their new favorite spot.
- Recommended cat size: Small - Large. Though the entryway is moderate (8" x 10"), there is ample space for cats to stretch out inside, and even two can fit at once!
- Assembly time: 5-10 minutes.
- Estimated lifetime: 3 months.
- Dimensions: 23.5 x 17.50 inches x 22.90 inches.
- Material: 200 lb. test corrugated cardboard. 200lb cardboard is designed to hold up to 200lbs of force per square inch. This means if your kitty puts all of its weight on a single paw, it still won’t ever have to worry about the structural integrity of your Taj Mahal Cat House. For your Taj Mahal Cat House, we also don’t use any metal/plastic pins or glue. It’s made entirely out of corrugated cardboard and nothing else.
- Shipping: Shipping usually takes 3-6 business days to receive domestically depending on your location. The pack ships flat and some assembly is required. It’s like IKEA on easy mode for cats. It takes about 5 to 10 minutes at most to put together.
Connect With Us
Connect With Us
QUESTIONS & ANSWERSAsk a Question
I have pretty large cats. 6 of them. What are the best houses for large cats?
The Taj Mahal is excellent for large cats and many cats. The Shark and the Gingerbread house are also ideally suited for large cats as they are quite open, and the Cat Mansion will fit large cats as well.