Cardboard Cat Homes
- Key Benefits
- We Support Shelters: We donate to hundreds of shelters annually so that they may continue their normal operations and prevent the loss of feline lives.
- No More Scratched Up Furniture: Cardboard surfaces gives your cat plenty of places to sink their claws into, keeping their little paws nice and healthy.
- Built to Last: Cardboard pieces are double-walled and dense enough to withstand the weight of all cats, big or small, and even a couple of cats at the same time.
- Eco-friendly: Cardboard is 100% recyclable. After several months of use, simply toss the Kitty House into the recycling. You no longer have to worry about how to dispose of dirty fabric-covered and carpeted cat homes.
- Easy (and fun!) to assemble. We haven’t been able to train a cat to assemble it yet, but it’s no problem for their human companions. No tools are required for assembly.
- A Unique Design means that you won’t find this Kitty House anywhere other than here at CardboardCatHomes.com!
Adorable, durable, and eco-friendly -- what’s not to love about our Kitty House? Our cardboard cat house offering is the exact hideaway your kitties need to get the cozy, private space they really want and deserve. It’s equipped with two different cat-shaped entrances and exits so that your furry friends can both lounge in peace and make a quick getaway when they’re ready to move on to the next thing. Cut-out windows and wall details add the perfect touches to transform this house into a home. Plus, with its thick walls made of 200 lb. test corrugated cardboard, our Kitty House can withstand the most aggressive of players and cats both big and small. And, when you’re all done with your Kitty House, simply toss it into the recycling and replace it with the same or another one of our cute cardboard homes! No more dealing with stained and smelly carpeted cat towers that are heavy and hard to dispose of.
The thick cardboard material adds an extra feature of retaining your cat’s scent. Cats’ senses of smell are so attuned that they will naturally feel safer, more secure, and more comfortable when they are in environments that are imbibed with their own scent. Never again will you have to worry about them “marking their territory” in other ways in less desirable areas of your home.
Our cardboard Kitty House is fun for both you and your feline friends. With only six interlocking pieces, assembly is a breeze and there are no extra tools required. Our Kitty House is only three steps to peace of mind for both you and your cats: simply unpack, assemble, and play!
- Recommended cat size: Small - Average. The entryway is moderate (8.2" x 8.2"), and there is ample space for cats to stretch out inside. However, the roof deck is smaller and is mainly meant to accommodate smaller cats or kittens.
- Assembly time: 5 minutes or less.
- Estimated lifetime: 3 months.
- Dimensions: 19.62 x 16.50 inches x 11.00 inches.
- Material: 200 lb. test corrugated cardboard. 200lb cardboard is designed to hold up to 200lbs of force per square inch. This means if your kitty puts all of its weight on a single paw, it still won’t ever have to worry about the structural integrity of your Kitty House. For your Kitty House, we also don’t use any metal/plastic pins or glue. It’s made entirely out of corrugated cardboard and nothing else.
- Shipping: Shipping usually takes 3-6 business days to receive domestically depending on your location. The pack ships flat and some assembly is required. It’s like IKEA on easy mode for cats. It takes about 5 to 10 minutes at most to put together.
Connect With Us
Connect With Us
QUESTIONS & ANSWERSAsk a Question
Which one is strong and large enough for a 22 lbs Maine Coon?
All of our cat houses are rated for up to 25 lbs. Your best bet for sturdiness and size are likely to be the Taj Mahal, Shark, or the Cat Mansion. The Gingerbread House is also quite spacious!
Would these be durable enough to put outside for strays and ferals to use?
Great question! No, these are currently not suitable for outdoor use. We are looking into waterproofing and anchoring options for that use case, though!
How long does it take to assemble?
It's very easy to assemble. It shouldn't take more than a few minutes to put together.
I have loved these adorable cardboard homes for cats, and when there was a really great sale, I jumped on it and bought one. Although my 3 cats are cardboard connoisseurs, they didn’t use this one nearly as much. That is, until today when I decided to move the box and add fresh cat nip! Now my youngest and smallest (11 pds), Gamora, has decided that it’s great for her! She is a tiny kitty, so she’s perfect for it. My boys, Rocket and Quill, are about 14 pds and are bigger, older kitties. She has loved being inside of this on and off today. Even the boys tried it, but they hardly fit. I guess as long as I add cat nip to it, they will come! This one is super cute and sturdy. If it was just a bit larger it would be perfect!
Kitty house: Fairly easy to construct without guidance, though some bending is necessary (at least for me). Plenty sturdy for Lina to chill in when I need to get some work done and cant have a cat on my lap.