Cardboard Cat Homes
- Key Benefits
- We Support Shelters: We donate to hundreds of shelters annually so that they may continue their normal operations and prevent the loss of feline lives.
- No More Scratched Up Furniture: Cardboard surfaces gives your cat plenty of places to sink their claws into, keeping their little paws nice and healthy.
- Built to Last: Cardboard pieces are double-walled and dense enough to withstand the weight of all cats, big or small, and even a couple of cats at the same time.
- Eco-friendly: Cardboard is 100% recyclable. After several months of use, simply toss the Cat Castle into the recycling. You no longer have to worry about how to dispose of dirty fabric-covered and carpeted cat homes.
- Easy (and fun!) to assemble. We haven’t been able to train a cat to assemble it yet, but it’s no problem for their human companions. No tools are required for assembly.
- A Unique Design means that you won’t find this Cat Castle anywhere other than here at CardboardCatHomes.com!
Here at CardboardCatHomes.com, we think that the days of generic and bulky carpeted cat houses are simply medieval. That’s why we designed the cardboard Cat Castle: an ecological, adorable, and positively regal hideout for the true rulers of your house - your furry felines. At about 2.4 cubic feet of internal space, your cats will have plenty of room to lounge, play, and explore the depths of their personal fortress. That way, they’ll be too busy hanging out in their new favorite spot to cause kitty mischief throughout the rest of your home. Four attachable cardboard towers really add size and power to the design of our unique Cat Castle, making sure that this space is as impressive and commanding as your home’s furry royalty. On top of this, all of our products are made of thick, 200 lb. tested corrugated cardboard, which means that they’re durable enough to withstand the weight of the biggest, smallest, or in-betweenest rulers. Because our Cat Castle is made entirely of cardboard and nothing else, when your kitties inevitably grow tired of their fortress and want to move on to the next thing, simply disassemble and toss it into the recycling.
The benefits of corrugated cardboard as the base material for our Cat Castle are numerous. Beyond being much more ecological than the plastic, metal, or fabric that is generally used in the normal cat house and cat tower offerings, cardboard also has the unique quality of being particularly good at absorbing scents. Cat noses are much more sensitive than those of humans and thus cats derive a lot more comfort and security being in environments that are covered in their personal scent. Within a few hours of your fluffy friend playing in their personal Cat Castle, it’ll be so imbued with their smell that there won’t be any other spot in your house that’s quite as cozy.
Your cats are the best, so of course they deserve the best. Don’t delay in getting this pawsitively purrfect cat chateau, our Cat Castle, for your home’s furriest kings or queens.
- Recommended cat size: Small - Average. The entryway is one of our smallest (7" x 7"), though the roof is sturdy enough to hold a large cat (up to 20 lbs).
- Assembly time: 5 - 10 minutes.
- Estimated lifetime: 3 months.
- Dimensions: 16.00 inches x 18.00 inches x 20 inches.
- Material: 200 lb. test corrugated cardboard. 200lb cardboard is designed to hold up to 200lbs of force per square inch. This means if your kitty puts all of its weight on a single paw, it still won’t ever have to worry about the structural integrity of your Cat Castle. For your Cat Castle, we don’t use any metal/plastic pins or glue. It’s made entirely out of corrugated cardboard and nothing else.
- Shipping: Shipping usually takes 3-6 business days to receive domestically depending on your location. The pack ships flat and some assembly is required. It’s like IKEA on easy mode for cats. It takes about 5 to 10 minutes at most to put together.
Connect With Us
Connect With Us
QUESTIONS & ANSWERSAsk a Question
Is there a cat scratcher in the cat castle, on the floor? If not, which ones have scratchers included?
No, currently our Cat Mansion includes a scratcher!
What are the dimensions?
The Castle is 20.00 inches x 18.00 inches x 16 inches, and the entryway is approximately 7" by 7"
My cat is quite large. Would it be possible to make the opening bigger for him to use comfortably
Currently, it's not possible to make the entryway larger as a special customization for the cat castle. I would recommend the Cat Mansion, the Taj Mahal, the Gingerbread House, or the Shark for larger cats. The dimensions of the entryway are 7" by 7". Thank you for the feedback, though! We'll look into creating a larger version of the cat castle to accommodate larger cats.
What are the ingredients in your cardboard? My cat loves to chew boxes but someone told me they are sprayed with rodenticide and other chemicals. Is your cardboard sprayed with anything? Is it safe for my cat to chew?
Our cardboard is safe to chew! It's not treated or sprayed with any chemicals. We do our research to make sure we are selling 100% recyclable cardboard with no treatments and we subject all cardboard to an "ozoning" process to remove any ambient odors or chemicals it may pick up in our fulfillment facility.
I got the house and the castle, personalized for each of my two kitties. I'm sorry if spatially challenged, so even with knowing the dimensions, something like "large cat" "medium cat" "small cat" would be very helpful. Fortunately my cats can't read (probably) so they don't care that the names on their houses are reversed. The love the houses anyway.
I ordered this castle mainly for my Penny girl, but also her siblings, Gracie and Cooper. Penny has advanced heart disease and I'm getting her all the wonderful things to enjoy while she can. Thanks for making this for her! She loves it!
My mom recently rescued a 1.5-year old cat who has a lot of energy… and keeping her entertained can be a challenge. I learned about Cardboard Cat Homes on Instagram and I decided to get my mom and JIGGLES a “welcome to your new home” gift. She loves it! I think she thinks she is a princess, which of course she IS, sitting in her very own castle! Easy to assemble and sturdy quality product.
The cardboard was easy to fold and I was done putting Castle Fluffington together in about 20mins.
Still holding up after 2 weeks. I recommend making shallow cuts on where the pieces intercept and gluing them down if your cats are prone to pushing on the sides when laying down.
Both of my cats love it!
I was a little worried as some reviews mentioned that it was too small. I have a mix of all sized cats and can confirm that a 15 pound cat can and did sleep inside all day and the roof handled several strong jumps from a 12 pounder. The double roof panels really add support. The cats rotated through and on this all day. It may have been helped by the included cat nip. All I can say is this is the only toy I have bought that every single one of them enjoys. The only problem is which to buy next!